Holiday-based stress is in high gear; lots of extra rehearsals for the older daughter for Nutcracker which will simultaneously occur and finish over the weekend. I need to start writing here more and will try and be more intentional about that… I think my chief problem is tat I keep
Surfacing briefly to comment on a problem… I’ve been totally intending to post here a while. In fact, I’m planning a fairly lengthy answer on the good question posed (a bit ago now) on the relationship between “Anglo-Catholic” and “Rite I.” But it hasn’t gotten done. I’m still spending a
Thanks to those of you who tried your iOS devices (and Windows 8 devices) against my attempted solution. Needless to say, it failed the test… Interestingly, while the solution worked on my Kindle Fire, I likewise failed to get a satisfactory result on my Android phone. I’m looking into some
…if there are any, that is… The current OF Roman kalendar is waiting in the wings at the breviary, but I received a suggestion that I should include the Lutheran or other protestant kalendars for my non-Anglican/Roman readers. Is there sufficient interest and a large enough body of Lutheran/protestant sorts
The readings from the NRSV are now available in Rite II for those who like that sort of thing. No new tables, though; the links will open a new window over to the Oremus Bible Browser. Regrettably, Oremus does not offer the RSV.
Over the weekend, I’ve been working on the Commons of the Saints for the Breviary. I started early Saturday morning then, when I went out for an easy 5-miler in the afternoon, I had an epiphany that will result in a complete overhaul in the way the breviary does sanctoral
Back when I first got serious about coding the Breviary—I guess it’s been a couple of years now—I talked to Fr. Chris about it and we discovered that we’d been doing some parallel development. One of the first issues to tackle is how to figure out what “today” is liturgically.
Over Christmas we’ve been having some Scripture trouble at the breviary… The problems stem from one of the initial decisions I made about the project. Rather than selecting out all of the readings individually, I decided to install entire Bibles, then to install a parsing mechanism that would determine which
Ok—two thing on mobile devices: The new design setup does not, I believe, function on mobile devices. However, I just made a modification to the style sheets that should (in theory) work. Someone who has one of these, please check it out and leave a comment. (M’s crackberry is with
Design work is underway and we’re still working out some oddities. Internet Explorer—as usual—is the worst. The content will scroll, but only if the mouse pointer is directly over it in I-beam form. If it’s in arrow form, forget about it… FWIW, Google Chrome seems to show it the best.