Category: Community

Two Things

Michelle of Heavenfield has diversified her blog holdings as well. Heavenfield will remain focused on early medieval history and texts while Selah will focus on the Psalms and Daily Office/Book of Hours type material. Check it out and add it to your readers… I’ve been invading LutherPunk’s brain!

Medical Limbo

Yesterday the doctor told me that I could stop doing the daily IV treatments and go to oral antibiotics. You’d think that would make M and myself quite happy. Instead we were (and remain) vaguely uneasy. That’s because he’s revised his diagnosis. After my first MRI the radiologist, the orthopedist,

Crap…

Preliminary results from yesterday’s MRI indicate no change in the bone infection. I’ll learn later in the week what exactly that means in terms of my treatment plan. I was hoping the news would be better but feared this might be the case. Even though last week’s blood work resu.lts

Spider-bite Update

Well, we’re hoping that the spider-bite drama is finally heading towards its conclusion. While I still have swelling in the foot, a really warm red patch where the infection is hanging out and am still going for daily IV treatments, it seems like we’ve turned a corner. The swelling isn’t

A Purposeful Meme

This one’s from the Young Fogey… Rule 1) List three reasons for your blogging.Rule 2) List the rules. Rule 3) Tag three others with the thread. Why I Blog…1. The original purpose of this blog—see the first post—was to serve as a kind of public accountability for dissertation progress. That

Spider Bite Update

Got back from the doctor; the news is not good. After almost three weeks afterward—and two weeks out of the hospital—my foot is still swollen and in pain. The doctor explained the results of yesterday’s MRI to us; the infection has moved into the bones of my feet. He’s going