Looks like it’s finally happened! I was skeptical up to the last moment and am still trying to sort out the full story, but it looks like Rome is indeed accepting the Traditional Anglican Communion.
- why nothing from Zenit yet? Here’s the official word that there’s going to be a forthcoming even more official word.
- Why exactly was ++Rowan present? Especially as this news—as far as I can tell—pertains to Anglicans not under his jurisdiction…
- The response from Forward in Faith.
- Some English Anglo-Catholic bishops already have a timeline put together: decide to move by Feb. 22nd, 2010.
- Some healthy reminders on the size and scope of this change from Br. Stephen.
- As I’ve said a few times today in various places, I think the major shift here is conceptual rather than actual. It changes the way the relationships between Roman Catholicism, Anglicanism, and Orthodoxy are configured.
More to follow as data becomes available.