In respose to lutherpunk’s tap, I went ahead and took the tests. Interesting results…
– – – – – – – – –
Overview: This post is a community experiment with two broad purposes. The first is to create publicly accessible data about bloggers’ personalities, which may have sociological value in addition to being just plain fun. The second is to track the propagation of this meme through blogspace. Full details and explanation can be found on the original posting:
Instructions (to join in the experiment)
2) Copy to the clipboard that section of this post that is between the double lines, and paste it into your blog editor. (Blogger users may wish to use ‘compose’ mode to preserve formatting and hyperlinks. Otherwise, be sure to add hyperlinks as necessary.)
3) Replace the answers in the “survey” section below with your own.
4) Add your blog information to the “track list”, in the form: “Linked title – URL – optional GUID”.
5) Any additional comments should go outside of the double lines, including the (optional) nomination of bloggers you wish to pass this experimental meme on to.
6) Post it to your blog!
Location: NY, NY, USA
Religion: Christian (Anglican)
Began blogging: (dd/mm/yy): 6/15/05
Political Compass results:
OPENNESS TO EXPERIENCE: 60
1. Philosophy, et cetera – pixnaps.blogspot.com – pixnaps97a2
2. Parableman – parablemania.ektopos.com – p8r8bl9m8n18
3. Rebecca Writes – everydaymusings.blogspot.com
4. Ales Rarus – alesrarus.funkydung.com – ales2112avis
5. Here I Stand – exiledcatholic.blogspot.com – exiled323catholic
6. Bending the Rule – regula.blogspot.com – regulabenedicti
7. lutherpunk – lutherpunk.blogspot.com – lutherpunk
8. haligweorc – haligweorc.blogspot.com – derek
– – – – – – – – – –
The extrovert/introvert question is always a difficult one for me. I am often out-going and have a high energy level (always in motion); I consistently classify myself as an introvert, though, because that’s what I have to have to recharge. I spend hours with the computer or a novel to maintain that level of energy.
Agreeableness. Let’s just say my trust and modesty pulled this one down–a lot. On the plus side, I’m rarely disappointed in people. I always expect the worst of them, thus I can only be pleasantly surprised…
Concientiousness would have been higher but I scored the lowest possible on orderliness. Hmmm. Well, it’s true.
Openness to experience, emotionality and liberalism pulled it down–otherwise pretty high across the board.
Politics-wise, I’m a little bit surprised that I scored as liberal as I did. I note that I scored pretty much in the middle on both, but I think I’m actually a bit right of center than left on the economic scale. There were several questions on this one that I didn’t like. I thought they were worded in an imprecise fashion.