- Today’s the first of the Fall Ember Days. More on this later.
- It’s also the feast of Theodore of Tarsus, Archbishop of Canterbury
- Yesterday was the Day of Decadent Dessert. As some of you know, cooking ranks high among our hobbies in the haligweorc household; M is, among other things, an incredible baker. Yesterday I got to taste the fruits of her latest brownie recipe that she had located somewhere. It was nothing short of amazing. I didn’t know something without hydrogenated vegetable oil and high fructose corn syrup could taste that good. Then, she made one of her famous apple pies. You couldn’t have asked for a better crust. She insists that the filling recipe needs to be tweaked a bit to get the spice mixture right, and I’ve heroically offered my services in testing just as many pies as she wants to make…
- Fr. Marshall Scott has a great piece on blogs and blog commenting at the Cafe today.
- Holy crap–what happened to my blogroll!? I know I had more people than that on it. I hope this is just a temporary WordPress glitch… [it seems to have been]
- Lutheran Chik reminds us that today is, in fact, International Talk Like a Pirate Day. [Lil’ G will be thrilled. She’s already informed me that I will be a pirate for Halloween…]
This entry was posted in Church Year
. Bookmark the permalink