The latest version of the St Bede’s Breviary is now up. This new release includes a number of features that people have been requesting:
- cookie support—if you go to the “Preferences” page, you can now save your Office-praying options and they will stay set whenever you return to the site.
- additional sanctoral kalendars—In addition to the kalendars as printed in the ’79 BCP and the extended Holy Women Holy Men, it also includes the Church of England’s Exciting Holiness, the current Roman Catholic kalendar, the ordines of the Order of the Holy Cross and the Order of Julian of Norwich, and the kalendars from the Anglican and English Missals.
- improved aesthetics—including a layout which functions for handheld devices; I’ve been praying the Offices via Blackberry with it
- additional information on the sources of the material
- some brief catechetical material included in the preferences page.
Quite a lot has also changed under the hood in the way that it calculates dates, but—hopefully—no one but me will know that…
It’s still in beta, so I’m not promising that it’s bug-free, but this does represent a big step forward towards the goal I’m trying to fully realize here.
As always, it’s your breviary as much as it is mine, please feel free to send in thoughts, questions, comments, and new feature requests. As to the latter, I’ll let you know that the NRSV readings are in the works as is a build-out to include the Prayers and Thanksgivings on BCP pp. 810-841.