Ok—so I’ve been working all this past week to get the preferences re-coded for the breviary, and I think I’ve finally accomplished most of what I’ve set out to do. There are a few other things I’d like to add, but this is what we have for the moment…
I’ve tested it on my laptop and on my Kindle and it works fine. However, lacking an iDevice, I can’t check it on them… If someone who does have an iDevice would like to help, I’ll provide the basic steps. I’ll warn you, though, doing this will alter the cookie and will change your settings over to the new settings in ways that won’t play well with the old ones. On the flip side, if this works, everything will shift over to the new settings and that won’t be an issue…
The steps are simple:
- Go to this url (it’s my test space): http://stbedeproductions.com/breviary/test/combined_preferences.php
- Arrange your preferences however you like them. The sections slide for ease of use.
- At the bottom of the page is the “Save your Preferences” button. Click it when you’re done.
- When you click it, it should give you a long string of numbers, then tell you your preferences have been saved. Click “ok.”
- Then, in the footer under the button is a link entitled “pray the breviary.” Click the link.
- When the regular opening page loads, click the “Pray the Office” button under the “Use your default settings…” section.
- See if it worked like it ought to.
- Leave me a comment as to how it went.
That’s it—thanks in advance!